Catalogue of Posts

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Behind the Scenes - The Sewing Area #2

Here is my latest
sewing area set-up.

As this room is larger
than the last, I've been
able to spread out a bit.

The bed is the principle
work space.
This is where I lay out the
fabric and cut out the
patterns.
It was better to have the
bed in the middle of the
room, so that I could cut
the patterns out from
either side of it.


When the bed was against the wall, it was very      
difficult to do this cutting!

Also, I have my small table as before, and a chair
as well.

The principle pieces of equipment are -
  - the sewing-machine
  - the fold-up ironing board
  - the iron
Then there are -
  - a sewing box for the scissors, tape-measures etc.
  - a sewing box for thread on spools
  - the notes that I make about what I find out

The fold-up ironing board, I bought from a large
hardware store.

The iron is positioned near the ironing board, on the other side of the bed.


(c) Katherine Stuart 2014                                                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment