Catalogue of Posts

Sunday, August 28, 2016

The MRI - In General

This is an image from my MRI,
which was done on 21 March 2016.

It was done in order to establish
if any residual damage can be seen
at the top of my head,
and possibly elsewhere,
from a horse accident
I had in 1980 when I was 19.

Am I wrong,
but is damage to the skull
at the top of my head
a bit obvious ?





Anyway, there have also been complications and brain damage,
such that I can only function at a low level of physical activity.

It would seem also, that there may be more than one head injury,
so my functionality is a product of a composite set of circumstances.

I think that the MRI is an excellent way of highlighting physical structures
within the body.

And would also like to point out that it is black and white.
It is bluish here, because I had it up against a blue computer screen,
in order to show up the image.

The problem that I'm having,
is that although the primary impact zone has healed as well as it can,
gauging the level of brain function in objective terms
seems to be beyond the medical world at present.
(Function MRIs, I have been told by a medical professional,
are only used for research and not diagnosis).

If I can't get an objective diagnosis here, then I can't show people
that I'm not making it up, or that I'm not imagining
that I can't function at the normal level as everyone else.
People are very disbelieving unless you can provide proof.

Anybody else having this sort of problem?

What I was thinking was,
what if the MRI could also be produced in a colour image,
where the colours are graded according to the magnetic and/or radio frequencies
that are already being picked up by the black and white image?

What do you think ?

If this is possible,
it could document brain damage,
or areas of the brain that are not operational or below normal operational capacity.
It could highlight things that can't presently be seen,
and could aid diagnosis etc in a big way.

That advance in technology was achieved with black and white movie film,
maybe it could also be done here.

Does anybody out there have the time, the ability and the support,
to investigate this ?

(c) Katherine Stuart 2016
Dochas Books Film


No comments:

Post a Comment