Catalogue of Posts

Monday, August 30, 2021

Clothes Design - 2 slips (chemises)

Sunday, March 2, 2014

(Moved from Dochas Books Film)


I have finished 2 slips (chemises),
to go under the evening
dresses that I made before
out of Indonesian sarongs of
rayon.

I wanted to find out
what was a suitable fabric
for this type of garment
in terms of weight.

So, I made one out of voile
(the one on the left)
and one out of homespun,
which is a cotton for quilting
(the one on the right).

                                                         

They both come in plain colours.
But, at the store here the voile only comes in a few colours.                                                            
And the homespun comes in a large range of colours.                                                            
The voile is light weight and see-through.
And the homespun is medium weight and not see-through.

So, I wanted to find out how see-through and what weight
each resultant chemise + evening dress was.

I made the chemises both out of black.

The voile chemise + evening dress
was a nice light weight,
and not see-through.

The homespun chemise + evening dress
was a heavy weight
and not see-through.

The voile chemise was the best.

So, I'll make the rest of my chemises out of voile.


(c) Katherine Stuart 2014
Dochas Books Film                                                                                                                                                                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment