Catalogue of Posts

Friday, June 23, 2023

Camera - Basic Time Lapse


While I’ve been doing Time Lapses, 
I’ve noticed that there is a fundamentally basic structure.
I will call this the Basic Time Lapse.
























A Basic Time Lapse takes the form of –
 
1  Hour    →    60  minutes  x  60  seconds
                →    3600  seconds   
                →    360  x  10  second intervals   
                →    360  frames taken at 10  second intervals   
                →    360  frames
 
Standard Video/Film Rate    →    25  frames per second    (fps)
 
Video/Film  Running Time    →    360  Frames    at    25  fps
   
                                             →    360    seconds
                                                      25

                                             →    14    2/5    seconds

 
I think, though, that using the following  Video/Film Rate,  is more correct –
 
Video/Film Rate    →    24  frames per second    (fps)
 
Video/Film  Running  Time    →    360  Frames    at    24  fps

                                              →    360    seconds
                                                       24
  
                                              →    15    seconds
 
 

BASIC TIME LAPSE OVERVIEW
So, if you record -   
      -  1 frame every    10 seconds,    over  1 hour,   
that gives -   
      -  360 frames
And you end up with a –
      -   14  2/5    second     video/film,   
      or a   
      -  15   second    video/film,
      if you have software that can do that
 
This length seems to be reasonably long enough to see what the video/film is about.
 
 

eg.   

 
 
 
 
 
© Katherine Stuart 2023
Dochas Books Film

No comments:

Post a Comment