Catalogue of Posts

Friday, March 29, 2013

Josie - Art

Jo,

I was thinking that you are right, art would be a good thing to share with you through this blog.
I've been drawing and painting down at the beach nearly every weekend, and I'm building up a bit of an art portfolio (in a display folder). But, I'm going to try out different art techniques, from a "text" book. So, I was thinking we could do this together, if you want to. And I could put up a post once a week or whenever, sharing with you the techniques as I do them. What do you think?

If you do want to, then you should get together the following items to start with, for painting with acrylics -

















                                                   
                             












1. Sketch book
2. Set of acrylic paints  -  White, Black, Blue, Red, Yellow, Green
3. Palette / icecream container lid
    Set of different types of brushes
4. Jar for water
    Cloth (for wiping brushes)

I get most of my art things from Nextra Newsagency, but I don't think there is one down there ( Charters Towers - Townsville ). But, if you are on a trip to Townsville, then Big W or K Mart have most of those sorts of things. I used a small plastic Capilano honey jar for the water jar. And the cloths are Chux. Both from Woolies or Coles.

No pressure, just if you want to develop your art. Mum :)


(c) Katherine Stuart 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment