Catalogue of Posts

Friday, April 14, 2017

Straight, not Gay

Mel,

I remember what Bruce said, in your voice.

He was behind me, or just beside me,
so that I couldn't see him,
but he said in your voice,

"I'm gay."

But, of course in those days          
at the "family meetings",
another word for that was used.

                                                                            That has confused me,
                                                                            because I thought you said it.
                                                                            But, now I know definitely it was him.
                                                                            Of course Bruce is gay, or bisexual.

                                                                            And I know you are straight,
                                                                            because of comments
                                                                            that you have made in the media,
                                                                            that graphically get to the point.

                                                                            I want to clarify
                                                                            that I am straight, and always have been.
                                                                            Sorry to disappoint those people
                                                                            who were hoping otherwise in the past.

text (c) Katherine Stuart 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment