Catalogue of Posts

Friday, May 19, 2017

Film - "A Dog's Purpose"




(V)    Violence
(M)    Medical Procedures
(W)    War Themes





"A Dog's Purpose"


Mel,

Your apology is accepted.

I knew you were in great pain at the time,
but I didn't know until the other day,
that they had broken your leg.

So, it happened in that fight with Shane
over your dog.......

I think they broke my arm.

I didn't know until now,
that you had a special connection with that dog.
That's how I feel about Shari, Josie's dog.
                                                 
I remembered a while back,
that in the "family meetings",
I was told to hold the leash connected to a brown dog,
as it was standing up,
while they dosed it with, what I now realize were x-rays,
from a circular drum-like piece of equipment
suspended from above it's back
(like was done to holocaust victims
in Nazi experiments, to sterilize women).

They killed your dog, didn't they.......

I loved all the animals and people there
(except the abusers),
and my heart broke whenever they died.
But, I couldn't say anything.

I love you,
Sondra



text (c) Katherine Stuart 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment