Catalogue of Posts

Monday, October 31, 2016

Film - "Hacksaw Ridge"

So,
I went to the Members Premiere
of the film, "Hacksaw Ridge"
at the Ritz Cinema
here in Sydney (Australia)
last night.

I don't normally swear,
but in the early part of the battle scenes
I said, "Shit !"
And honestly, I don't know where that came from,
but, the action was coming suddenly,
creating surprise and shock,
and it was consistent.

I think this is why
Mel (Gibson)'s
directorial (and direction of editing) skills
are being highly acclaimed here.
Apart from the fact that overall,
                                                                   the film is well constructed,
                                                                   effectively sequencing action,
                                                                   and in particular, battle action,
                                                                   is very difficult.
                                                               

                                                                   (Yes, I am well aware
                                                                   that I look like a dork.
                                                                   It's my thing, I can't help it.
                                                                   I'm an accidental comedian
                                                                   on occasion)

(c) Katherine Stuart 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment